Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An Open Letter Response to Dr. Tragle with an Emphasis on Exploring the Codependant Relationships of an Egomanic


With all due respect to the Dr, who from what I see is an upstanding gentleman (Aside from the fact that I don’t get your point: She wasn’t running scared from Albero, so an Order of Protection was completely unwarranted? And with all due to respect, what were you doing with Albero in the zoo, the same place he was banned by law, on the day he was allowed back in? You would think that a normal grown man would take a little more tactful approach to re-integrating himself into the zoo again, instead of barging right into said place the moment he was allowed. That action, in and of itself is an extremely disrespectful, antagonistic, and immature move. On second thought, maybe your integrity and judgment needs to come into question.)-

Why does everyone continue to make excuses for this man?

Well, he was concerned about the animals, so he should be allowed to threaten his wife's coworkers and boss.

"Well, he is a little 'abrasive' but he has given the Mayor a hard time and I don’t like the Mayor, so he is a benefit to the community."

This man surrounds himself with co-dependants who allow his ego to get bigger and more unchecked.

He has alienated every single major group in the area, but there are still people that continue to stick up for him. Who out there besides, the two dissenting councilwomen and a handful of Camden Avenue malcontents still support him? How desperate for affirmation is this group that they must associate with Joey?

He is a bully. I’ve gotten in scuffles and disagreements and have rubbed plenty of people the wrong way. From drunk frat boys, to ex-girlfriends, ex-girlfriend’s boyfriends, co-workers, family, etc. I have never had even a fraction of the problems that he seems to have, much less go so far. And as most people that read these blogs can tell, I can be a very unagreeable person and am never without strong opinions and convictions. How can I be bullheaded, Joey can be bullheaded, but how does he have significantly more brushes with the law?

Maybe I am wise and mature beyond my young years(contrary to what my parents, most of my friends, and every old girlfriend has ever said) but I cannot imagine these socialization problems with adults going half as far as Little Joey takes them.

Oh, this is just the Jones incident. Oh, this is just the Chief incident. Oh, this is just the Rapp incident. Oh, this is just the Jannace incident. Oh, this is just the Robinson incident. Oh, this is just the Mayor incident. These have been all out battles, not just tiffs. I have heard excuses for all of them and it pisses me off. These are not singular incidents, these are an interconnected string of events, show a pattern of anti-social behavior that is increasingly erratic and antagonistic. Luckily on these sites we have are able to construct a timeline of events that shows an out of control man on the verge of snapping any day at the slightest provocation due constant excuse making by those around him like his family and the doctor.

10 comments:

Soapbox said...

Actually I believe the incident discussed occurred prior to Albero being banned from the zoo. This was one of many incidents that finally led to the court order and plea bargain agreement put in place after his wife was no longer employed. That aside, I believe the rest of your comment has merit.

Idiot! said...

"I was not present during the incident. However I was in the zoo and in Joe's company the day after (IIRC) the peace order expired."

My comment was directed towards that day after the order had been lifted. The above quote led me to believe that Little Joey had walked right into the zoo as soon as possible, and was not about a previous experience the two shared in the zoo with the claimant present.

If I misinterpreted that statement incorrectly, and the doctor was not in the zoo with Albero the day after the restraining order was lifted, then I deeply apoligize and I will edit my post.

Soapbox said...

I also may have misunderstood. Let your post stand and see if other comments are forthcoming.

Dr Pepper For You said...

idiot!,

I believe that is what Dr. Tragle meant, that Joe went to the zoo the day after the restraining order expired.

Dr Pepper For You said...

The restraining order referenced by Dr. Tragle was different than the 2 year ban Joe now has in place.

The restraining order kept Joe from the Zoo or other places except for certain conditions. The current ban keeps him from the Zoo no matter what.

Idiot! said...

Well, apparently according to the good doctor, a court imposed forbiddance from entering an otherwise public place due to the fact that you constantly harass the staff and present a menacing and frightful demeanor towards women is okay as long as the woman is not so scared that she isnt cowering behind a big strong man. You know, because she wasnt acting like a normal woman should act- feeble Im assuming from his tone- then a man can act anyway he chooses. A real man that is.

Gee, I wonder what attitude and thinking allowed for women to be beaten by their husbands with a stick thinner than his thumb?

The more I go back and read his comments and the underlying apparent tone in his pathetic defense of Little Joey, the angrier I get.

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

Idiot!,

Where can one read the letter? Can't believe I missed it.

Idiot! said...

***This was supposedly written by the former zoo vet in defense of Joey on The Salisbury Soapbox***

jtragle said...

FWIW I am not Joe Albero, I'm the former vet for the zoo.

Ms. Jones works for the zoo, or at least she did when I was there and continued on after I resigned. I have no idea if she is still employeed by the zoo.

The peace order stems from Joe approaching Ms. Jones about an issue he had regarding attempts to reach his wife at the zoo by telephone. Mr. Rapp and another employee sought peace orders at the same time and from the same occurence. Those were denied.

I was not present during the incident. However I was in the zoo and in Joe's company the day after (IIRC) the peace order expired. At the time there had been some confusion over the size of the collection. Joe and I went there to take a head count. Interestingly enough the count we took reflected estimates made by Jennifer Albero based upon animal deaths she was aware of and her awareness of the size of the collection from her last days present. Mr. Rapp and another employee had been quoted in the paper previously claiming figures much higher.

When we went back to the Jaguar exhibit Ms Jones emerged from the office and approached us. She then leaned against the fence not 20 feet from our location and remained there gawking at us until we left. She didn't appear at all fearful at the time. The fence BTW is a split rail one and was probably a bit rotten at the time. Hardly a safe zone for a frightened woman.

I can also state that I viewed the document Joe received from the court. It specifically allowed him to bring Jennifer to the zoo and come in to meet with her for lunch etc. It appeared to be a somewhat neutered document as peace orders usually do not permit the defendant to enter the plaintiffs work place.

Make of this what you will.

August 14, 2007 1:15 AM

o w grant said...

Since Mrs. Joe is the brains (what there is of them) of that outfit, I'm betting that she's the reason that Tragle is defending Albero's bad behavior. She has a talent for manipulating people.

All those hours alone at the zoo assisting Tragle was fertile ground for planting seeds of doubt and resentment. I'm certain she was venting her own brand of ugliness, and resentment toward her coworkers, to a willing and sympathetic listener.

Since all he could know was what he got from Jennifer, his take on the whole thing is tainted. Sometimes, even smart men are stupid.

TomCat said...

*****RED NET ALERT*****
VISIT: http://classyjoealbero.blogspot.com

DO IT NOW!