Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Joey wants to become the Donald Trump of the Eastern Shore

I step away for a little bit and Joey's ego is obviously hurt as he has to act out more and more. The desperation is sickening. I have been busy, but there are a couple of things that I need to post on, so I will knock out a couple things and then open it up to have the primary discussion in the comments section. Look for updates on the original posts as well.

It appears as though Joey is throwing a temper tantrum because he is not getting his way. Now he raises some good points - probably completely inaccurate as I am sure that a non-profit group cannot just pocket money to the benefit of its members- about the group wanting the old theater. He feels as though he should be given the chance to purchase this property "for the betterment of the city" and he will bring in "50 jobs" as well as a windfall of money.


I would like to start the movement now to keep Joey away from this property. I do not care if the city has to PAY this group to take on responsibility for the theater, the City cannot let Joey expand his stake in the Downtown area. He already thinks that the whole town owes him and should cater to him, with just one building in his stable. Imagine how megalomanical (that a word?) he will be when owns a Performing Arts Center.

Lets make sure the fundraising drive is a success. Where can I sign up?

And to all the armchair lawyers: How can they go about preventing Joey from buying this building?
a. by giving it away, and
b. if they have to take the highest bidder, which will likely result in Joey overbidding in a psychotic rage?


On a side note, I predict the first major fight between Joey and the new council will involve: Joey wanting to buy more property for the cheap on the Plaza and the council hopefully saying no. He then will go into a fit of rage at them for not respecting the fact that he put them in power. He will then begin his campaign against the evil FOD (Friends of Deborah).



I am going to go now so that I can check my email to make sure I am not being sued.

2 comments:

Michael Swartz said...

If he wants to buy the building, let him. Put it on the tax rolls.

I do wonder what will become of the building he already has down there though...why not open a restaurant there?

Idiot! said...

Well apparently he has not even been able to keep up with just the one building in Salisbury, much less all of his properties as evidenced by the photographic evidence shown by Townie. The downtown plaza does not need another absentee owner.

I also believe that the short-term fiscal gains of having the property pay property taxes would be offset by the collateral costs of having Little Joey take control of the property, thereby having a greater presence in the community. I could also not imagine that a businessman would not ask for the property tax exemption to be reinstituted at some point, especially by a man like Little Joey who has such an inflated sense of entitlement.

I also think that the theater is one of the more memorable buildings in Salisbury and I would be disappointed to see it turned into a cheesy profit-driven private establishment, much more so if it were owned by someone of Joey’s ilk.