Saturday, January 27, 2007


The World According to Joey.

In the first installment of a hopefully recurring feature on this blog (that is if Joey deems it a proper use of a blog), I look to examine an issue that the world has wrong and Joey has right.



Today I ask- “What are blogs for?” (Besides petty attempts to bring down an entire city government that went out of its way to personally slight you).

Bragging incessantly about your accomplishments? (Wait, I forget, did you say you were a successful businessman?)

The ever important graffiti pictures? A city with no real entertainment venue for kids has petty destruction of property??? Seriously?!?! I bet no other city has that.

Are pictures even vital enough to post on blogs? (I would agree so. I mean its not like Big Foot has been found, right? He is still out there until someone with a camera constantly tracks him down. I believe Joey is the man for this job. And trust me, when Big Foot shows up in Downtown Salisbury, we are all going to have egg on our face and Joey can rub it in our faces about how he was right again. But hey, in the meantime, keep snapping away as we could always more pictures of the Chief, Doug Church, and the mid-sized sedans that litter the Plaza.)

Now Joey, which category do pictures of the mayor’s headlights fall under? Local news, personal or your special revenge/spank bank category? Because let me tell you Joey, I am glad you decided to include pictures of elected officials’ private parts, because a story about, say, Scooter Libby without an accompanying shot of his bulging crotch, is just incomplete. Tit shots are what any true reputable news source needs.
I think we can all agree that blogs are not for the free exchange of ideas and civil discourse, but constantly shallow, narcissistic, self gratifying diatribes and attacks against real and imagined evils of the local community. (Don't forget to make them personal!) That is what America is all about after all, isn't it?

No comments: